How to export Google Sketchup screenshot in vector format (SVG, PS, WMG,…)
Google Sketchup free does not allow exporting in vector format, but there is a workaround; you’ll just need a raster-to-vector converter.
MS Paint to paste Sketchup screenshot
CR8Tracer to convert from bitmap to .SVG, .PS or .EPS
GSView to convert to other vector format (including WMF, Windows Meta File)
PsToEdit, used by GSView to perform the conversion.
These are exact steps:
- Build your model in Google Sketchup
- Setup in Sketchup the view you want to turn intoan image
- Press ALT+STAMP to store screenshot in clipboard
- Paste clipboard into MS-Paint
- Delete unneeded parts from the drawing
- Save as test.bmp
- Open test.bmp in CR8tracer
- Save as test.eps
- Open test.eps in GhostView
- Select Edit–> Convert to vector
- If program complains about missing library, take a note of the path, and store pstoedit.dll in it
- Select your favourite output format.
You may need additional editing/tuning of the final vector image, as the conversion process cause colors loss.
ras2vec to obtain a vector graphic from above image and save in .ps format